Friday, March 8, 2013

Be In the Spotlight with Elizabeth Castillo March 9, 2013


March 9th, 2013

Elizabeth Castillo



Favorite music - The Corrs - "No Frontiers"




I am Elizabeth E. Castillo, a professional feature writer/journalist/blogger/poet from the Philippines in Asia. I have exhibited my writing and poetic inclinations early on during my elementary days when I was once this shy, unassuming lass. I didn't give up on my dreams of becoming a writer since I believe in my heart that my mission here on Earth is to contribute and touch lives through my pen pushing. My poems were featured in more than 20 international anthologies and counting. 

I was given a chance to work with wonderful and talented foreign writers, poets and artists in these anthologies. My first international poetry book “Seasons of Emotions” was released January 7, 2013 and I am currently working on my second book of prose, poetry and quotes to be published also within this year. I am also currently working as an Online English Instructor for Koreans, a contributing editor for Inner Child the Magazine, USA and an upcoming columnist for Inspire To Aspire Magazine (International circulation)


Favorite Poem- My Own
Poem "The Phantom's Shadow"
Just wandering the streets, hiding from the
His sullen face masked
But beyond that scarred countenance is a dark past
That continues to haunt him down.
He may be aloof, be misunderstood by silly, shallow people
Deep down he has a gentle heart
Yet hardened by great blows he has yet to forget.
In each one of us is
the phantom’s shadow
Longing for more than just empathy
We struggle so much to find our niche in this judgemental world
To be embraced by all despite our frailties, shortcomings and flaws.
Why can’t the world just leave him alone
And erase the stigma
of him being different from the rest, an outcast?
Give him space to breathe, to live peacefully, have his share and prove his worth?
Through the dark alleys, there is where he hides
Hoping his day would finally come and can break free from the chains
Like any one of us all he wishes for is to find true happiness
And all he’s asking from strangers is a little kindness
Everyone of us long to
be accepted for who we are
To fit in the crowd and not be left out
How do we bring forth peace in this world
When all we do is throw stones at each other instead of living harmoniously?
Elizabeth E. Castillo
© 2010
poetry book "Seasons of Emotions"

No comments:

Post a Comment