Thursday, March 7, 2013

Be in the Spotlight Author John Holt March 10, 2013

John Holt

"The Mackenzie Dossier" –
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008U6STIQ


 My bio

Born in 1943 in Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire. I live in  Essex with my wife, Margaret, and my daughter Elizabeth, and our cat Missy. For many years I was a Chartered Surveyor, until I retired in 2008. I had always wanted to write a novel but could never think of a good enough plot. My first novel, The Kammersee Affair, written in 2008. was inspired by a holiday in Austria. We were staying in Grundlsee. The next lake, Toplitzsee, was used by the Germans during the war to test rockets, and torpedoes. There were rumours of gold hidden in that lake. Despite extensive searches the gold was never found. In my book, however, it is found, only in the next lake, Kammersee.
The books that followed, The Mackenzie Dossier, The Marinski Affair, and A Killing In The City, feature Tom Kendall, a down to earth private detective. My fifth book, Epidemic, another featuring Tom Kendall, will be available from 12 March. I have self published all of my works under my own banner PHOENIX. I am currently working on two other novels featuring Tom Kendall, and have made a tentative start on an Adventure novel. I am also working on a fictional story involving the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.

Music
I like all kinds of music ranging from Classical, to rock and roll. I like Rollin' Stone, and for many years I wrote articles for a Blues magazine (no longer in existence unfortunately). I like Frank Sinatra, and Bobby Darin, and Matt Monroe. It would be very hard to pick one favourite musician

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T2hygHu8CI  

Muddy Waters - Rollin' Stone (Catfish Blues)


Frank Sinatra - That's Life




Bobby Darin sings "Beyond the Sea"




matt monro - the impossible dream



1 comment:

  1. Perfect, I'm looking forward to it
    John Holt

    ReplyDelete